Hoi An Daily Cooking Tour
Itinerary in brief
Situated on the banks of the Hoi An River, the Red Bridge Restaurant & Cooking School is designed to meet the growing demand from local and international travellers, for a quality Vietnamese dining experience with personal service and individual style.
Located in 2 acres of tropical surroundings, and only 2 kms from the centre of Hoi An, Red Bridge is easily reached by car, bike, cyclo or boat – please see below for the Red Bridge free boat shuttle timetable.
The restaurant is open daily for lunch, and for dinner on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Special group events / functions can be organized by request.
The cooking school offers a daily, half-day cooking tour that introduces travellers to Vietnamese cuisine. Suitable for all travellers, the program is a fun and interesting way to learn about the local food. The program runs with a minimum of 2 passengers.
- We start the day (8.45am) with a drink at Hai Scout Cafe (98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An Ancient Town, Tel: 863210) – our meeting point.
- Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
- We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
- On arrival, we have a chance to explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking class is an interesting and fun way to learn about the local cuisine – the class runs for about an hour and 15 minutes, and includes demonstrations from the school’s chefs as well as the chance for us to help prepare some dishes. Included in the demonstration is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration).
Recipes (our food contains no MSG):
1. Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp – including the making of rice paper
2. Oyster Ginger Sauce
3. Warm Squid Salad served in half a Pineapple
4. Grilled Eggplant stuffed with Market Vegetables
5. Sweet & Sour Sauce
6. Hoi An pancakes (Banh Xeo)
- Lunch includes the above meals as well as: Steamed Ocean Fish on a bed of freshly chopped vegetables (not included in the demonstration). A vegetarian lunch can be provided on request.
- Finish at approximately 1.00pm – transfer back to central Hoi An.
The morning cooking tour costs US$ Upon Request and includes:
- Drink at Hai Scout Cafe
- Local English speaking guide/chef
- Boat trip (weather permitting)
- Cooking demonstration & lunch
- All recipes and notes
- Transfer from Red Bridge Cooking School to central Hoi An
- The morning cooking tour operates everyday of the year.
- The program requires a minimum of two paying passengers to operate.
- Private (afternoon & evening) tours are available upon request
Red Bridge Boat Timetable
Boat from Hoi An to Red Bridge departs from Bach Dang Street – opposite number 74 (Cafe Can).
- Boat Shuttle is free of charge
- 25 minutes one-way
- Please arrive 5-10mins before departure times
- Bicycles can be taken on the boat
|Depart Hoi An||Depart Red Bridge|
|Fri, Sat & Sun nights or by special request.|
Don’t see the date for this tour to suit your schedule? No problems, Create Your Own Date. Choose the dates that you want to travel and as long as you happy to open the tour to other people joining we will charge you the standard tour price – no markups!
1. You must have booked and paid your deposit for travel dates that are at least 1 to 3 months in the future. This just gives us time to promote the trip and find other people to join you.
2. Create Your Own Date for this tour applies for bookings of two or more people only. If you are a solo traveller we can do our best to get a group for the dates you choose but we cannot guarantee standard pricing until we achieve a minimum of 2 people
3. This offer is subject to availability. In peak season we may not have the capability to add tour dates to our already busy schedule..
Artfully Designed Set Departures
Our Small Group Trips to Asia are set departures that you join in. Our superb itineraries combine world-famous highlights with hidden jewels. If you enjoy the company of like-minded travelers, and a maximum of 15 travelers (usually fewer), we offer the definitive small group travel in Asia and the Pacific.
Our Small Group Trips to Asia Feature:
- Join-in scheduled departures
- A set itinerary, artfully conceived down to the finest detail
- The best, most sought-after Tour Leaders in our region of the world—university-educated professionals and experts with local connections
- Luxury and boutique hotels wherever possible
- A maximum of 15 travelers—usually fewer—for an intimate experience
- Single travelers warmly welcomed
- Most meals, delicious cuisine
- Comprehensive inclusions and insurance
Learn about our progressive Join Group for solo travelers joining our Small Group Trips.
We can tailor make a tour that will best match your budget – the guide below serves as a reference point for you to decide how much to spend on this trip.
LOWER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget lower than $(this price) in per person?
We surely can help
As our price is set according to the length of itinerary and the detailed program given, we can make changes in this tour to help you keep your budget.
Below are some possible changes to make your tour fit better in your budget
we can customize this tour with shorter duration
some activities and tours can be in a group and non-private.
We can look into lower budget hotel for you without compromising the quality.
We can change the itinerary that fits your expectation and budget requirement.
How our prices work:
ABOUT $(This Price) in PER PERSON
How our prices work:
HIGHER BUDGET THAN THIS?
Budget higher than $(This Price) in per person?
Vietnam and Indochina has the utmost luxury hotels and other tour facilities to cater to your budget. For a budget higher than the one stated, we can make some of the following modification to your program based on your request.
Flights in Business or First Class flight (compared with Economy flight).
More luxury hotels/cruises or more luxury rooms in the same hotel/cruise. Standards of accommodation.
Longer stay at certain city based on your request.
Extra service or extra meals.
If you want to stay longer…
There are so many ways to extend your time in Vietnam and Indochina. Once you arrive, you won’t want to leave!
Make extra trip to Phu Quoc or Con Dao, two of our most beautiful islands. Etc…
Stay longer on your cruise trip to Halong Bay. Etc…
Stay extra days and relax at beachside resort. Etc…
Spend more time visiting northern mountain province.
How our prices work:
Rates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
+ Transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle with driver
+ Accommodation: twin sharing room at mentioned hotels or similar one
+ English or French speaking guide
+ Entrance fee to indicated sights
+ Meals as indicated : B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner
+ Domestic flight (in Southeast Asia)mention in program
+ Boat trip in mention in program.
+ Train ticket mention in program
+ Other meals
+ Airport tax
+ Single room supplement
+ Personal expenses
+ Travel insurance
+ Flight in / out of Southeast Asia
+ Any optional additional tours
+ Activities during free time
+ Surcharge for peak season
+ Local holiday days and gala dinner.
Note: Hotels are subject to change due to availability. In that case we will choose equivalent accommodation
Meals: if you have any specific food requirements ( vegetarian, vegan, food allergies) please inform us in advance so that we can provide notice to our restaurant, tour guide, our partners so that they can server you better. If you are a food lover, Travelo Vietnam can be your culinary guide and provide you opportunity to savor tempting local food and world famous – dishes.
Read before traveling in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar or country around
Share with others
Thank you for visiting our FAQs pages. Here are the most common questions asked by our travelers. Please follow the links to get the answers or type your questions in the search bar. If you cannot find your answers, please send us your questions via email or on our Travelo Vietnam website. We will email you back with your answer, and update it on our website for other travelers.
1 – Knowledge Bike
2 – Travel FAQs
5 – Indochina Visa
6 – During Tour
After all of our tours we ask every traveler to review their holidays so that we may publish their testimonials on our website to help potential customers decide on Travelo Vietnam for their holidays to Indochina.
It is important for other travelers to hear the honest opinions from our past clients. We do not alter or edit what has been said. We do however, remove the emails, for privacy protection.
Refine Your Search